125g butter, softened
60g icing sugar
1-2 tbs vanilla extract
- Put butter into a mixing bowl and cream with electric paddle or manually by wooden spoon.
- Add icing sugar into butter and cream till pale and soft.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well. In 2 portions, add flour into batter. Mixing well after each addition.
- Transfer to a piping bag with wilton star tip 1 and pipe onto baking tray.
- Bake at 180*C for 10-15 min.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
When cool, store in an airtight container.
- Scoop the dough in a cling wrap, flatten appropriately and wrap tightly.
- Chill dough for 1hr till slightly stiff. Remove from refrigerator.
- Place parchment paper on counter top and lightly dust paper and rolling pin with flour.
- Roll out dough on parchment till 1 inch thick and work quickly to prevent sticking. Use cookie cutters to cut out various shapes. Remove excess dough and place shapes on baking tray and proceed to bake as stated above.